BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Name calling





...August 22,2009...
....6:30 a.m.. MCA....


He was there, just an inch away. The new guy. Should I say hi? No, he must make the first move. I stared at the opposite direction. Our teacher, Mrs. Speedler, was lecturing something about our performance, or was it the rules of the school? I didn't really care. I wasn't even listening. It seemed so quite around my place, though it usually is especially with a teacher in front.  I slowly turned my attention to my seat mate, and he was actually sleeping. I laughed in my head, finally a student who actually isn't hypnotized by the teacher. I wonder what his name is? Shouldn't our adviser be introducing him by now? Instead she's having a state of the nation address. I smirked, little did i know, our adviser heard it. She looked straight into my eyes with that  look. I took a deep breath as she said my name. I stood up, ready to hear her whatever she was going to give me. I was surprised when she said, "Ms.  Reyes, would you mind introducing to the whole class our new student?".  I didn't know what to do, me and my "seat mate" didn't even say a word to each other for the whole 30 minutes. How was I suppose to know his name? I suddenly remembered what my friends said slash squealed. "that's is Ethan Keithler", I said without haste. I observed that everyone was looking at me including the new kid. Mrs. Speedler let me take a sit. As i did, Ethan was staring at me? I guess he was surprised I knew his name. I didn't look, I was too shy, I guess. He realized that and went back to his slumber.

0 comments: